Summer vacation is always an exciting time for kids as school is out, but what to do with the kids during the handful of months before school is back in session?
Here are some ideas:
- Visit a children’s museum near you
- Look through the local parenting magazine for all the family-friendly events that are happening
- Participate in a reading program at your local library
- Concerts at a nearby park provided by your city
- Fruit picking
- Visit nearby stores (e.g. Home Depot, Michael’s) for kids’ workshops
For those dog days of summer, you can also have fun indoors and at the comfort of your own home. Some ideas are:
- Make fruit popsicles
- Do a puzzle
- Color a coloring book together
- Do a word search
- Make a paper mobile
- Create and put on a puppet show
- “Camp” out in your living room
Follow our Pinterest page for more ideas and fun.
Wishing you a healthy, safe, and fun summer!