For the last few days of December, every single year, the same things happen. People begin taking down ornaments from their trees, head to the mall to exchange that sweater that grandma bought, and start making New Year’s Resolutions. It’s become such a tradition that families, job, and other organizations challenge each other to make them. It is typically the next step after watching the ball drop in Times Square. Statistics say that 45% of Americans make resolutions, while only 8% of them keep them throughout the entire year. That’s a pretty astounding number! So what are the most typical New Year’s Resolutions that people make?
Here are the top 10:
- Lose Weight
- Getting organized
- Spend less, save more
- Enjoy life to the fullest
- Staying fit and healthy
- Learn something exciting
- Quit smoking
- Help others in their dreams
- Fall in love
- Spend more time with family
I’m sure that each and every one of us has made a resolution that falls into one of those categories. So what is it that separates the 8% of people that keep them from the 92% that don’t? I have compiled a list of 3 simple tips that will help us stay on track:
- Partner with someone – when you try to accomplish something alone, it’s so much harder than it would be when your partner with someone. You can keep each other in check.
- Make goals that are attainable – it’s great to have goals that will stretch you to grow, but also try having some that you can reach. Seeing yourself cross something off of your list will be a great moral booster.
- If at first you don’t succeed…- Remember that “Progress is a Process.” You might miss the mark a few times, but just dust yourself off, get back up, and keep at it.
Here at Asa Products, our goal is continue to put out quality products that will allow children from all over to live an active lifestyle while having fun at the same time!